POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CHRISTMAS!!!! : CHRISTMAS!!!! Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  CHRISTMAS!!!!
From: St
Date: 1 Oct 2003 15:09:19
Message: <3f7b265f@news.povray.org>
^

             Heh... just to remind you...  ;)

   Ok, I want to start designing a Christmas card (I haven't tried
this before), for some *very special* Lady friends of mine, using
Pov-Ray of course!  :)

  The thing is, I don't want to do the usual snow (which I haven't
tried yet) and Christmas tree card, I want to do something different
for them. So I'm hoping for some suggestions if possible. I've got
some ideas myself which include frost, but in the last three and a bit
years, I've never seen an image using frost (if they're out there on
the 'net, I may have missed them).

   Has anyone got a lead as to making frost in PoV? Is it that much
different to snow?

      My ideas with frost that you may be able to help me with:

      A 'Jack Frost' figure, (which I'm sure I can do as a mesh).

      A UK 'Royal Mail Red' coloured pillar letterbox.
     http://www.wicks.org/pulp/part2.html....   third one on the
right.

  A sprig of Holly and berries (but with glittery frost), in a more
than usual interesting scene? Something different?

These are a few of them, but I quite fancy the 'Jack Frost' idea.

 Any pointers will be appreciated by some wonderful women, especially
Lisa... Her personality dispels dark clouds overhead.   ;)

  Thanks IA.

   ~Steve~